Scholarship Opportunities @ SU
Internet Explorer (IE) and Microsoft Edge are not fully compatible with AcademicWorks and many features of the site will not work using IE. For optimal compatibility it is recommended that you sign in ONLY using any newer browser, for example: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari.
AcademicWorks will open for NEWLY ADMITTED fall 2021 students on December 01, 2020 Until this date you can still use the Filter tool on the home page to look at various scholarship opportunities based on your major or school of study.
AcademicWorks is now open for ALL currently enrolled (fall 2020) students to apply for any open university scholarships for the 2020-2021 academic year. Please follow the instructions once you sign in to the website.
Welcome to Salisbury University’s Academic Works institutional scholarship website! The University offered more than a $1 million in scholarships to SU students last year. These scholarships may be applied for annually through SU’s Academic Works site. The scholarships are funded through contributions from alumni, faculty and staff, friends, parents, campus organizations, USM and corporations.
Please keep in mind that academic merit (Presidential scholarship), Good Neighbor undergraduate scholarship and SU Fund need-based scholarships for incoming students are determined via your SU admissions application and/or FAFSA. For more information on calculating potential incoming merit and need-based awards at SU, check out the Net Price Calculator
Who can apply?
Incoming freshmen and transfer students who are admitted to the University and all currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate Salisbury University students. Non-degree and certificate students are not eligible for scholarships.
When can I apply?
The fall 2021-spring 2022 scholarship application process will begin on December 1, 2020. Deadline dates for scholarship will vary, check the website for details. You are required to complete a new general application every year!
How do I apply?
1. To access the General Application, click “Sign In” in the upper right hand corner of the screen and use your SU username and password to login to the site.
2. After you have completed your General Application, the system will automatically match you to all scholarships you are eligible for based on the information you provided.
3. Applicants must complete all required questions on the “Profile Information” section before proceeding to other activities in the system.
4. While Academic Works matches you to scholarships you may be eligible for, keep in mind that you may be required to provide more information dependent on the scholarship opportunity requirements.
5. Some scholarships require the applicant to demonstrate financial need; in order to be considered for those scholarships a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) FAFSA Website must be submitted. The FAFSA for the 2021-2022 academic year will be available starting October 1, 2020.
6. If a 2021-2022 FAFSA is required as part of a scholarship criteria, you must have it completed before you would be recommended to apply to a scholarship opportunity on this site. Allow 3-4 business days after filing the FAFSA for this site to process the new data.
7. Stay on top of the “Deadline” column when reviewing scholarship opportunities as these dates reflect when you must complete the scholarship application to receive consideration for the scholarship.
- For detailed information on how to use this system, download our Frequently Asked Questions
How will I know if I’m eligible for new scholarships?
Additional scholarship opportunities may become available after the General Scholarship Application has been completed. It is your responsibility to check your Academic Works page frequently for additional scholarship opportunities that may become available. Keep an eye on deadline dates, as those will vary!
How will I be notified if I’m chosen as a recipient of a scholarship?
If you are awarded a scholarship you will receive an award email sent to your SU email address. Submitting a General Application or scholarship specific application does not guaranteed you will be selected as a recipient.
Please note that the advertised scholarship dollar amounts are subject to change without notice based on verified funding levels and current scholarship commitments. The scholarship dollar amount published/posted should only be used as an estimate.
Salisbury University is a Division III member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and therefore athletic leadership, ability, participation or performance cannot be utilized as a criterion in the determination of your financial aid award. As you apply for scholarships within Salisbury University’s Academic Works scholarship site please do not mention athletic leadership, ability, participation or performance within the essay as it will remove you from consideration for the scholarship to ensure Salisbury University’s continued compliance with Bylaw 15.4.1 of the NCAA regulations.
Dudley-Eshbach Study Abroad Scholarship
The Dudley-Eshbach Study Abroad Scholarship provides $1,000 in funding...