Florence Simonds & John B. May Scholarship
The Florence Simonds & John B. May Scholarship is awarded to a Master of Education Reading Specialist candidate. Candidates must have been formally admitted to the REED program, completed at least 2 courses in the program and have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. The scholarship is awarded to candidates who evidence academic scholarship and a deep commitment to the teaching of Reading. Providing full elaborate responses to two open-ended questions will enhance your application.Applications will be reviewed and scholarship winners selected by the May Literacy Committee. Award notifications will occur mid-January.
- Area of Interest
- Graduate Studies, Master of Education Reading Specialist
- Supplemental Questions
- Please list the Graduate courses that you have completed. Minimum of 2 completed courses are required.
- Current school and position held
- How will this scholarship assist you in completing the REED program and meeting those goals?
- Explain your personal and professional goals for working with children who struggle with reading.